The advertisement shown below is from a Petco coupon book I received when I told them I had adopted a dog. Although the picture itself doesn’t say, the advertisement is for Nature’s Recipe Dog Food. Being a new dog owner, I think this advertisement would have worked for me if I hadn’t already purchased other dog food.
Wording: “Feed them with tomorrow in mind.”
- Big bold letters across the top of the advertisement
- “Tomorrow in mind” is emphasized
- Making the reader feel concerned about the dog’s health and future
- Or their own dog’s health and future
- Almost ensures the reader of the dog’s future when given Nature’s Recipe Dog Food
- Darker and more calming colors such as blue, brown, and the off-white coloring
- Makes the setting where the man and dog are appear older
- The texture of the wording also appears worn and older as well
- Clearly an older man
- Carrying the dog on his shoulders as if it is older as well
- Concerned look on the man’s face
- Likely because of the book he is reading, but makes me begin to feel concerned about the dogs health.
- He is reading to the dog, which shows he cares
- The overall goal of this advertisement is for the customer/reader to be concerned about their dog’s health and future and therefore, go buy Nature’s Recipe Dog Food with the coupons on the following page in the coupon book. The wording is there to convince the reader that the dog food will ensure their dog will be around another day. Obviously we all want our pets to be around as long as possible so a dog food advertisement like the one above is convincing. There was a website listed on the bottom of the advertisement that I cropped out, but it was there so the reader could go online to find more information on the product.